Friday, February 24, 2012

WHAT OBEDIENCE MEANS TO ME

I just completed a study from 1 Samuel 15:1-35 and I learned what true obedience means to me:

-Obedience to God and what His Word tells me is crucial.
-Obedience shows God that I consider Him holy and worthy of honor
-Obedience shows me that my faith is real
-When God says something to me in His Word I need to take it personally. Just reading His Word won't fulfull my obligation to Him ..my actions will reflect my heart toward God.
-Obedience honors God..disobedience dishonors God
-The practice of obedience will align my heart with God's own desire.


 Questions I need to ask myself on a daily basis:
1. What was the last command God gave me through His Word?
2. Did I obey or diobey?
3. How did my actions honor of dishonor God?

1 Peter 1:15-16 " Be holy,because I am holy"

Hope everyone has a blessed day ;0

No comments:

Post a Comment