JEREMIAH 2:32
DOES A MAIDEN FORGET HER JEWELRY, A BRIDE HER WEDDING
ORNAMENTS? YET MY PEOPLE HAVE FORGOTTEN ME, DAYS WITHOUT
NUMBER.
Yesterday I studied Jeremiah chaper 2. Talking about how God's people had forgotten about God and His promises and commitment to them. I will give my take on this chapter from a woman's point of view.
Jeremiah condemned the people for seeking security in worthless, changeable things rather than the unchangeable God.
I know that I have been and probably will again be tempted to seek security from POSSESSIONS( I may feel cold on the inside but I have my favorite things at home to keep me warm and secure and happy), PEOPLE( I will always have my husband to give me love and support..I will always have my favorite Dr. whom I fully trust to keep my health in check...most importantly I have my hairdresser to help me look my best and help me feel more confident) or MY OWN ABILITIES( as a mother I have that take charge attitude that I can do it all and I only trust myself to get it done the way I want) Well these things will ultimately fail me at one point or another. THERE IS NO LASTING SECURITY APART FROM THE ETERNAL GOD!
Remember that song from Olivia Newton John "Hopelessly Devoted to You" from the movie Grease?
That song came to mind as I was studying this chapter 2 in Jeremiah. As woman I really appreciate a friend who remains true to his or her commitment, who is devoted to her relationship with me. And I would get so disappointed with a friend who breaks their commitment or devotion. That is the same with God! He is pleased when we initally obey Him and place our devotion to Him but then He gets really disappointed with us when we refuse to keep that commitment!
Jeremiah had to constantly remind the people as they were getting further and further away from God these things that I need to read and know on a daily basis today:
- He reminded them of God's faithfulness- there is no other object or person in this entire world that is more faithful than God!
- He wanted to make sure that they never forget God.
- He wanted to emphasize God's love for them
- To remind the people that there was a time when they were close to God. I remember feeling God in my soul for the first time. It was an amazing feeling and it still is when I feel really close to Him. There is not a more fulfilling feeling than that! So why do I let temptations in my life that distract me from God!?!
I NEED TO THINK ABOUT MY ORIGINAL COMMITMENT TO OBEY GOD AND TO ASK MYSELF IF I AM REMAING TRULY DEVOTED.
I also learned from Jeremiah 2 that the stain of iniquity is more that skin deep. The stains from my sins can not be easily washed away with Olay facial cleanser! Spiritual cleansing must reach deep into the heart and this is a job only God can do.I cannot ignore the effects of my sin and hope they will just go away.My sins have caused a deep stain that God can will remove if I am willing to let Him cleanse me! That means swallowing my pride and just letting go...easier said than done in some cases!
FORGETTIN GOD CAN BE DANGEROUS WHETHER IT'S INTENTIONAL OR AN OVERSIGHT.
Jeremiah taught that the more we focus on the pleasures of this world the easier it is to forget
-God's care - His guidance
-His love -Most of all God Himself
-His dependability
I should ask myself two questions
1. What pleases me most?
2. Have I forgotten God latley?
I read this in my devotion that I wanted to share with all the fellow wives and mothers out there. I though it was really neat and so hits home with me!
Things to ponder on daily:
-If I am lucky enough to sneak in a shower: Praise God for the cleansing that Jesus' forgiveness provides.
-As I am getting dressed:Thank God for clothing me with Christ's rightousness.
-As I apply my makeup: Thank God for being the foundation of my life.
-As I put on my earrings:Thank God for beautifying my life with the fruits of the Spirit.
Have a blessed day and don't forget what God has done and will continue to do for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment