I just finished a week long Bible study on Galatians 5:1-26 and today I did my devotion on "Finding Joy" that really opened my eyes and how I need to really understand what True Joy is. I just wanted to share with you all.
True joy originates from God and from living in close connection with God, not from our immediate situations or emotioanl states.
God wants us to know His joy NOW:
- not tomorrow
-not when we're healed
- not when sorrow has passed
- not when our children or spouses change
- not when we've lost 10 pounds
- not when we've paid off our debt
-not when we've gotton a promotion or bought a bigger home
but NOW - This day!
Lasting joy does not reside in :
- God's blessings
- God's favor
- God's gifts
- God's people
but in God Himself!
I know that I must take time today and everyday to seek the Lord and draw upon Him to find my true joy and strength.
The questions I need to ask myself on true joy are:
1. What's the difference between joy and feeling happy?
2. To what or to whom do I tend to look to as the first source of my joy?
3. What am I waiting to overcome to obtain before experiencing God's joy?
This really got me to thinking on how I have perceived as True Joy..I hope this gets you all to thinking about as well.
God bless you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment